Thursday, September 26, 2013

Artistry in Fashion!


Just a reminder to those local to the San Francisco Bay Area. Artistry in Fashion is this Saturday, September 28th!

This not-to-be-missed event looks really good this year! Besides all the wonderful vendors, Sandra Ericson, of the Center for Pattern Design, is the guest speaker. She will have a trunk show of her fascinating designs. To see a list of the other activities, click the link in the Artistry in Fashion icon on the right side of my blog.

I saw Marcy Tilton say (on her blog? Facebook? can't remember...) that she will be there, as a guest. Loads of my friends and acquaintances will be there - it's a wonderful time to reconnect with sewists that you know and to meet new ones.

I learned today that I have made it to round 3 in the FabricMart challenge. That means that I may well miss AIF this year, which pains me deeply. But I work full time in my day job and just have too much sewing to get done before Monday!

Please, if you do go, I want to hear all about it! :)

10 comments:

  1. So sorry to miss AIF this year...but DD's wedding is SEVEN DAYS AWAY...maybe next year?
    Good luck on challenge #3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have to miss AIF this time, but the garments you have made so far are wonderful and it would be a shame to quit now. Rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the next round. Ironically, I am in the bay area RIGHT NOW, but will be unable to go to AIF Boo Hoo for me. Guess, I will just have to nurse my sorrows at a quick visit to Britex Fabrics tomorrow - yea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot make it!! So sorry to miss all of you but I am getting ready to go camping. Congrats on making it through to Round 3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for Round Three! I am rooting for you loud and clear from the East coast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I wish to could attend AIF. Maybe one of these days.............Good luck in next round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Round Three!!! Good for you!! This year I am going to AIF! Finally, my wish come true. Bummer that my other wish - to see you there - won't come true this year!! All the best for Round 3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sending positive vibes from Houston,TX as you create challenge 3!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. AIF sounds wonderful and I look forward to reports from those who attend. I *love* how the first two garments you made are so *you*! May all of your sewing tools and notions bless your mind and heart as you apply your excellent skills to Challenge #3!

    ReplyDelete